Artificial Intelligence is changing the healthcare industry from many perspectives, a major topic of AI in medicine is the one related to Clinical Desision Support (CDS) to assist clinicians at the point of care.
CDS can support all aspects of clinical tasks, but to be effective, It must be properly integrated within the clinical workflow as well as with health records. A typical application is a Computer Aided Diagnosis (CAD) to assist doctors in the interpretation of medical signals and images. CAD involves not only AI but also Computer Vision, Signal Processing and specific medical aspects. CADs find application in: breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, coronary artery disease, Alzheimer’s disease and many other.
eHealth is relevant to the AI community, in fact many open research aspects are still open in the field: Big Data (data collection, processing, etc.), Interoperability of systems, IoT and Health, Human/patient interaction with advanced devices, medical signal and image processing, medical expert systems, etc..
The Workshop intends to provide a forum for researchers, enterprises and developers to share and discuss advances in the field of Artificial Intelligence applied to medicine and health care. The workshop covers theoretical and practical aspects as well as technologies and systems.
The Workshop is held within the AI*IA 2017 Conference
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Applications of AI in Health Care
- Knowledge Management of Medical Data
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Medicine
- Health Care Information Systems
- Clinical Information Systems
- Medical Expert Systems
- Personal medical feature data
- Medical device technologies
- Diagnoses and Therapy Support Systems
- Machine Learning-based Medical Systems
- Pattern Recognition in Medicine
- Ontology and Medical Information
- Medical Signal and Image Processing and Techniques
- Ambient Intelligence and Pervasive Computing in Medicine and Health Care
- Brain-computer interfaces
- Deformable object tracking
- Medical image Analysis
- VR/AR in medical education, diagnosis and surgery
- Cognitive Science
- Medical Imaging